POLICE are investigating after a seven-month-old British child choked to dying in a vacation horror accident at a Turkish resort.
Elizabeth Coffey was rushed to hospital after being discovered with an object lodged in her throat.
The tot had been on vacation with mother and father Michael and Elizabeth and a gaggle of round 30 household and buddies when tragedy struck.
The group have been having fun with an all-inclusive break on the five-star The Land of Legends Kingdom Resort in Antalya when the alarm was raised early on Saturday.
Police confirmed they have been investigating the circumstances surrounding the tragic incident at the hotspot on Turkey’s Mediterranean coast.
Elizabeth was stated to be unresponsive when she was taken to Aspendos Anatolia non-public hospital in Serik, close to the resort of Antalya.
A hospital official stated: “Resort employees known as paramedics when the infant was having hassle respiratory.
“She was dropped at the hospital by the primary responders. Regardless of the docs’ efforts, she couldn’t be saved.
“The physician who handled her stated meals or one thing comparable had bought lodged within the child’s throat and he or she couldn’t breathe.”
Elizabeth’s frantic household alerted employees at their five-star resort after they realised the tot was in hassle.
Her physique has been despatched to Antalya Forensic Drugs Institute to find out the precise reason for dying.
Heartbroken family and friends posted Fb tributes yesterday as her household was comforted on the resort.
Kitty Margaret wrote on Fb: “Cannot consider this relaxation in peace child lady. Please god consolation her mummy and daddy. Really feel so heartbroken for them.”
One other commented: “RIP lovely little angel.”
Whereas one other stated she felt ache in her coronary heart pondering of her grieving mother and father and added, “Relaxation in good peace little angel. Cannot consider it.”
Many shared heartbreaking photographs of the teen sporting a frilly blue costume and white bow with the caption, “…so sorry in your loss.”