THE devastated husband of a British mum who died in a caravan fireplace in Turkey has instructed how he desperately tried to avoid wasting her.
The mum-of-two, who labored as a life coach, moved to the nation a decade in the past and married Vedat in December 2021.
Talking concerning the tragedy, Vedat described the terrifying second he wakened after dozing off on the couch to seek out the caravan engulfed in flames.
He stated he frantically tried to avoid wasting Hayley and ran to a neighbour for assist – however he stated the inferno made it “not possible” to get again inside.
“We had been sitting watching the tv, we simply dozed off collectively, and the subsequent factor I knew was waking up when the caravan was on fireplace,” he stated.
“I grabbed her and shook her to try to get up, however she did not get up… and all I might see in every single place was smoke and flames.
“I rushed exterior and grabbed a fireplace extinguisher, however after I tried to get again in, the flames had been intense.
“A neighbour tried to assist. Collectively we broke a window additional down, however even right here, it was not possible to get inside.
“The flames had been just too excessive.”
Vedat stated he would not know if his spouse ever wakened because the caravan stuffed with smoke and flames so shortly.
He defined that the couple had lived within the caravan since they tied the knot to be surrounded by nature and “reside the dream”.
“We weren’t allowed to construct something within the countryside,” Vedat stated.
“However we had been capable of put a caravan there, and a pal had some floor which was simply good.
“So we purchased one. We have been residing there since we received married.
“She was actually completely satisfied residing in nature, surrounded by the inexperienced and animals.”
Heartbroken Vedat described his spouse as a “great girl” with a “coronary heart of gold”.
He stated Hayley cherished her two kids “very a lot” and he hoped to offer her motorcycle to her grandchildren.
Hayley was buried on the Higher Akçaalan Cemetery on Friday, he stated.
In response to native stories, the fireplace was probably attributable to an electrical heater.
Police declined to touch upon the investigation.